What is the PTO?
The PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is a group of dedicated parents who work cooperatively with teachers and staff to help provide a more fun and exciting learning environment for the children.
What does the PTO provide for the students?
- 3 Scholastic Book Fairs (1 Fall, 1 Spring, 1 BOGO)
- Christmas Gifts
- Halloween Parade
- 2 to 3 Assemblies
- 5th and 6th Grade Dance (December and May)
- Santa Workshop (not for profit)
- Celebrate Dr. Seuss Day
- Teacher Appreciation
- Earth Day Activities
- Field Trips
- Field Day
How does the PTO pay for all that they provide?
- Typically, we have a Fall and Spring Fundraiser.
- We work with Box Tops for Education, Campbell’s Labels, Price Chopper, ShurSave Community Rewards, and Tyson Labels programs.
- Our annual membership drive also helps to offset the cost of many activities.
How do I join the PTO?
We have a Membership Drive beginning in early September. Annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family.
How do I become a PTO volunteer?
Clearances must be approved by the school board before you can volunteer.
As of July 1, 2015 all volunteers must have the following clearances on file with Ross Elementary:
- Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police
- Completed Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- The FBI Federal Criminal History Certification through COGENT
- Attend PTO meetings! Committee volunteer sign-up sheets will be available to sign at the PTO meeting prior to that month’s event(s).
- Flyers/sign-up sheets for various school activities may come home for you too. Check your child’s backpack regularly! Don’t forget to send them back!
- Remember, your PTO membership dues must be paid to volunteer. If you haven’t already signed up, please contact us.