Child Protective Services Law
On December 31, 2014, changes to the Child Protective Services Law became effective. The changes directly impact the background clearance requirements for employees and volunteers. Additionally, the changes to the law further define the term “volunteer”. The new definition is:
“An adult applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer who is responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children.”
- December 31, 2015 – Current employees hired five or more years ago must have all required clearance documents on file with District and must renew all required clearance documents on a five-year cycle.
- Newly/recently hired employees (employees with clearances less than five years old) will need to renew clearance documents on a five-year cycle based upon the dates of the most recent clearances currently on file with the District.
- July 1, 2015 – Volunteers must have all required clearance documents on file with the District and must renew all required clearance documents on a five-year cycle.
Reference to new PA Laws regarding clearances:
Clearance Procedures for Volunteers
Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students, and programs of the Lake-Lehman School District. We are very thankful that you have expressed an interest in volunteering in our district.
The following documents must be on file with the District prior to the first day of volunteer service:
- Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police;
- Completed Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- The FBI Federal Criminal History Certification through COGENT
Again, thank you for your interest in serving as volunteer with the Lake-Lehman School District. These new volunteer clearance requirements further support the Lake-Lehman School District commitment to providing a safe, secure learning environment for our students.
Clearance Form Links
- PA Child Abuse History Report Website – choose “VOLUNTEER” and fee is waived
- State Police PATCH System– choose “VOLUNTEER” and fee is waived
- FBI Clearance Registration Website – FBI fingerprinting registration website. Register using Pennsylvania Department of Education option. Please note that FBI clearances completed through any other option cannot be accepted. There is a fee for this clearance.
- PA Child Abuse History Report Application – Child abuse clearance application form. Do not submit any payment.
- State Police Clearance Form – Only needed if not using PATCH system. Do not submit any payment.