What is the PTO?
The PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is a group of dedicated parents who work cooperatively with teachers and staff to help provide a more fun and exciting learning environment for the children.
What does the PTO provide for the students?
- 3 Scholastic Book Fairs (1 Fall, 1 Spring, 1 BOGO)
- Christmas Gifts
- Halloween Parade
- 2 to 3 Assemblies
- 5th and 6th Grade Dance (December and May)
- Santa Workshop (not for profit)
- Celebrate Dr. Seuss Day
- Teacher Appreciation
- Earth Day Activities
- Field Trips
- Field Day
How does the PTO pay for all that they provide?
- Typically, we have a Fall and Spring Fundraiser.
- We work with Box Tops for Education, Campbell’s Labels, Price Chopper, ShurSave Community Rewards, and Tyson Labels programs.
- Our annual membership drive also helps to offset the cost of many activities.
How do I join the PTO?
We have a Membership Drive beginning in early September. Annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family.
How do I become a PTO volunteer?
As of July 1, 2015 all volunteers must have the following clearances on file with Ross Elementary:
- Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police
- Completed Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- The FBI Federal Criminal History Certification through COGENT
- Attend PTO meetings! Committee volunteer sign-up sheets will be available to sign at the PTO meeting prior to that month’s event(s).
- Flyers/sign-up sheets for various school activities may come home for you too. Check your child’s backpack regularly! Don’t forget to send them back!
- Remember, your PTO membership dues must be paid to volunteer. If you haven’t already signed up, please contact us.