We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
- December 1st through January 15th we will be having a Box Tops Holiday Round-Up! The grade that collects the most Box Tops will be awarded prizes for the Book Fair! Start saving those Box Tops – collection boxes will be located in each classroom! Click here to see the flier.
- Ross PTO is collecting new or gently used books! Contributions can be made until December 9th in the collection box in the lobby or at the December 5th PTO meeting, which will be held at 6:30pm. Click here to see the flier.
- On Tuesday, December 13, the PTO is hosting a LuLaRoe party from 3-6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria! A portion of the sales will be donated to the PTO. We hope to see you then!
- The 5th and 6th grade Ugly Christmas Sweater dance will be held on Friday, December 9th from 6-8pm. $3 admission includes 1 polaroid from the photo booth plus snacks and drinks (save $1 off admission when you bring a non-perishable canned good for the local food pantry)!
- Spirit Day! December 15th is Ugly Christmas Sweater day!
- Kindergarten Readiness – third session (math) will be held on Thursday, December 15th and the last session will be held on Thursday, January 26th.
- We have an early dismissal on Friday, December 16th and an early dismissal on Friday, December 23rd. No school from Monday, December 26th through January 2nd.
- Our next PTO meeting is Monday, January 9th, 2017 at 6:30pm in the Ross cafeteria.
- This year Ross, Lehman-Jackson and Lake Noxen PTO’s are partnering together to bring the Harlem Wizards to our high school. This is a fun and affordable night out for a family, the game will be held on Saturday, January 21st at 6:30pm. All proceeds from this event will be equally divided between the three elementary schools. Pre-Sale forms went home this week (12/2/16). If you decide not to get your tickets during the pre-sale, tickets will also be sold various times in January which we will be announced. Tickets will also be sold at the door that night. We are all very happy to be working together to bring you this event. We hope you will come out and support your schools.
- With the cooler weather arriving, please make sure your child has the appropriate outerwear for outdoor recess.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to email@example.com – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures!
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!
Page Last Updated: 12/09/16