We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
- Lake Lehman Theatre will be holding a Book Fair Fundraiser @ Barnes & Noble. A percent of online sales will benefit our upcoming show Use Voucher # 12076980 for online purchases through February 16th.
- There is a Family Night Bookfair at Lake-Noxen Elementary on Friday, February 17 from 5-8pm. Author Geronimo Stilton will be there. Snacks, story time, basket raffle and fun!
- On Saturday, February 25th, there is a monthly BINGO to support the LJE PTO at the Jackson Township Fire Department. Doors open at 6 PM with games starting at 7 PM. Ten regular games for $10. Monthly Special games. Food and Beverages will be available for purchase at the hall along with 50/50s.
- On Sunday, February 26th, the Lake-Lehman Foundation is hosting a Bowl-A-Thon from 1-4pm at Back Mountain Bowl (3555 Memorial Hwy, Dallas). $60 for a team of 4 bowlers – includes 2 games, shoe rental, 2 slices of pizza and soda. Please click here to see the flier.
- The Franklin Institute will be visiting Ross Elementary in on Friday, 2/24 at 10am for an interactive assembly! Roll, slide, and spin! Investigate the basic physics of motion in this interactive show. They’ll use rubber balls, bricks, and wooden blocks to introduce and understand Newton’s Laws of Motion. Then, witness these laws in action in a lever, pulley, and student-driven hover car.
- There are two new Daisies troops in the area looking to recruit Kindergarten – First Grade girls to their troops. The Lake-Lehman Northwest Girl Scouts Troop 32906 and also Troop 32624 in Hunlock Creek. Click on each of the respective links to see a copy of the flier.
- Our next PTO meeting will be Monday, March 6th at 6:30pm in the Ross cafeteria. We are looking for nominees for President and Secretary – if you are interested or know of anyone who is, let us know!
- WBRE’s Stefano DiPietro will be visiting Ross Elementary on Wednesday, 3/8 at 1:30pm to talk about weather and meteorology. More information can be found here: http://www.pahomepage.com/stefano-at-school.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to email@example.com – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures!
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
Page Last Updated: 02/16/17