We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
- There is a quick Lake-Lehman Jr. Knights assembly on Thursday, 2/22 about joining the youth football league and cheer squad. Information will be distributed at the assembly.
- To celebrate Read Across America Week and the birthday of Dr. Seuss, several fun and educational activities are planned for the week of February 26-March 2. The students will have the opportunity to dress for each day. Here are the dress up opportunities for each day: Mon, 2/26 – Mixed Up Monday – wear mixed up clothing; Tue, 2/27 – Top Hat Tuesday – wear your favorite top hat; Wed, 2/28 – Wacky Wednesday – wear your wackiest socks; Thur, 3/1 – Theodore Thursday – dress like your favorite Dr. Seuss character; Fri, 3/2 – Fun Friday – wear red to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday. Students will have a fun day participating in STEM Read Across America activities.
- Our next PTO meeting is Monday, March 5th at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria.
- There is an Act 80 early dismissal on Thursday, March 15th for senior projects. School will be closed (full act 80 day) on Friday, March 16th for senior project presentations.
- Our next assembly will feature the zany antics of Jeff Boyer as he presents “Bubble Trouble” – an interactive bubble show. Click here for a sneak peek.
- We are accepting nominations for Treasurer and Vice President that would begin at the 2018-2019 school year. Terms run two years. Email your nominations to Lynn Warwick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc. All upcoming field trips dates/locations have been posted to our Field Trip page.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to email@example.com – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures! We are also looking for people who are interested in co-chairing for yearbook, please let us know if you would like more information.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their web page which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
Page Last Updated: 02/21/18