We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
- Let’s give back by helping the school children affected by the recent hurricanes in Texas and Florida. Please consider making a monetary donation. No amount is too big or too small. If you are able, please send in your monetary donation in an envelope labeled “We got your back”. Checks may be made payable to the Lake-Lehman School District between the period 9/13-9/27. Click here to see the flyer.
- Picture Day was Monday, 9/18 – make-up dates TBD.
- The first Scholastic Book Fair of the year is Tuesday 9/19 and Wednesday 9/20 with make-ups on Thursday 9/21. More information should be coming home with your child.
- Back to School night is on Thursday, 9/21 at 6pm.
- Teacher & Staff appreciation day is on Thursday 9/21. If you’d like to help out or donate something, contact Mrs. Palmer.
- There is a Food Truck Rally at the Lake-Lehman Jr./Sr. High School on 9/23 from 4:00 to 7:00 pm benefiting the High School Band. There will also be a car cruise, music, basket raffles, 50/50 and free face painting for the kids! Click here to see the flyer.
- Local Girl Scout Troup #32906 is currently looking for volunteers for Daisy and Brownie Troop Leaders. Please contact Sara Barchik @ 570-259-8167 or email@example.com for more information. Please click here to see the flyer. We also have a link to the event on our Facebook page.
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by September 30th.
- Our next PTO meeting will be Monday, October 2nd at 6:30 in the Ross cafeteria.
- The Race for Education will be held on Friday, October 13, 2017 with two race times. K-2nd grade – 9-10am; 3rd-6th grade – 10-11am. Thanks for your continued support! More information can be found on our Race For Education page.
- Our next assembly is the Fabulous Chinese Acrobats on Monday, 10/30 at 9am.
- Local Girl Scout Troop #30102, consisting of 5th grade girls from Lehman-Jackson, Lake-Noxen and Ross Elementary Schools, is teaming up with Brandon’s Forever Home in collecting new or gently used bags for children in the foster care system. Boxes will be available for collection at all 3 elementary schools until October 31. Click here to see the flyer.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc. All upcoming field trips dates/locations have been posted to our Field Trip page.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures! We are also looking for people who are interested in co-chairing for yearbook, please let us know if you would like more information
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their web page which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
Page Last Updated: 09/19/17