We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
- For those keeping track at home, here are the current snow day makeup calendar changes (as of 5/1/18): May 25th is a now half day — Our calendar page has been updated accordingly. Projected date graduation is now Friday, June 8th, last day of school for grades K-11 is on Monday, June 12th. (subject to change)
- Here are early dismissals on the following Fridays in May: 5/11, 5/18 & 5/25. School is closed on Monday, May 28th for the Memorial Day observance.
- The Scholastic (BOGO) Book Fair is returning the week of May 14th, more information will be coming home with your child.
- It’s yearbook time. An order form will be coming home with your child this week. Please have all forms returned by 5/22. Click here to see the flyer.
- Field Day is on Tuesday, May 22nd with a make-up day of Thursday, May 24th.
- A special PTO meeting will be held on Monday, June 4th at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria to vote in incoming officers – also we’ll be having a year end potluck party. Come hungry!
- Thursday, June 7th will be the 6th Grade Awards ceremony starting at 9am. All parents of 6th graders are welcome. There will be a picnic for teachers and students only to follow.
- “A Knight for Nathan,” a benefit to support Nathan Welby who was recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. “A Knight for Nathan” is a charity walk to help defer costs for his family as Nathan begins treatment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The walk is on Saturday, June 16th from 6-9pm. Click here to see the flyer.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc. All upcoming field trips dates/locations have been posted to our Field Trip page.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures! We are also looking for people who are interested in co-chairing for yearbook, please let us know if you would like more information.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their web page which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
Page Last Updated: 05/17/18