We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
- Our next assembly will feature the zany antics of Jeff Boyer as he presents “Bubble Trouble” – an interactive bubble show. Two shows: K-2 at 9am, 3-6 at 10am. Click here for a sneak peek.
- For those keeping track at home, here are the current snow day makeup calendar changes (as of 3/20/18): March 29th is a now a half day; April 2nd a now a full day; May 25th is a now half day — Our calendar page has been updated accordingly. Projected date for last day of school/graduation is now June 8th (subject to change).
- We are accepting nominations for Treasurer and Vice President that would begin at the 2018-2019 school year. Terms run two years. Email your nominations to Lynn Warwick at email@example.com.
- PSSA dates are as follows: English/Language Arts (Grades 3-8) 4/10-4/12; Math (Grades 3-8) 4/17 & 4/18; Science (Grade 4) 4/23 & 4/24. We request that you send your child with a healthy snack such as granola bars, fruit, orange juice, etc. for the students taking the tests.
- We have two spring fundraisers currently going on: That’s My Pan! and Chubby Chico Charms. To order online, please visit our Spring Fundraiser webpage: http://rosselempto.org/spring-2018-fundraiser. All orders need to be in by Friday, April 13.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc. All upcoming field trips dates/locations have been posted to our Field Trip page.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures! We are also looking for people who are interested in co-chairing for yearbook, please let us know if you would like more information.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their web page which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
Page Last Updated: 03/22/18