We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
Congratulations to the Lake Lehman Cadet Band! 1st place!
- From October 24th through 28th there will be a Peanut Butter and Jelly Drive to benefit the Back Mountain Food Bank and Noxen Food Pantry – please send in peanut butter and jams/jellies to Ross, there will be collection boxes in the lobby! Click here to see a copy of the flier.
- Kindergarten Readiness – first session will be held on Thursday, October 27th starting at 9am.
- The annual Halloween Parade will be held on Friday, October 28th, at 9am. The parade will be held in the front parking lot – please note that parking for the disabled will be made available on the side of the school, all visitors are asked to park on the back baseball and soccer fields. Parents will not be able to go to the classrooms before or after the parade, PTO volunteers will be available to assist classroom teachers with costumes.
- Friday, October 28th is an early dismissal!
- Trunk or Treat at the Luzerne County Fairgrounds on October 31st from 6:15-8pm – information has been sent home. Please note that candy donations can be dropped off at the Lehman Township building, Dallas Township building or Harvey’s Lake borough building, not at Ross!
- Spirit Wear order forms have been sent home – please click here to see a copy of the flier. Orders are due to Rachel Raczkowski by November 1st.
- Our next PTO meeting will be held on Monday, November 7th at 6:30pm in the cafeteria!
- Friday, November 11th is an early dismissal and Monday, November 14th there is no school – conferences!
- Wednesday, November 23rd is an early dismissal and Thursday, November 24th through Monday, November 28th there is no school for Thanksgiving recess.
- Kindergarten Readiness – second session (reading) will be held on Thursday, November 17th starting at 9am; third session (math) will be held on Thursday, December 15th and the last session will be held on Thursday, January 26th.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!
Page Last Updated: 10/25/16