We have a lot of things going on at Ross Elementary! If something has been forgotten or needs to be added, please contact us with the information and we will post it! Thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
- **We are looking for nominations for PTO President and Secretary positions…if you are interested or know someone who is, please send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message through the Facebook Page!***
- There are two new Daisies troops in the area looking to recruit Kindergarten – First Grade girls to their troops. The Lake-Lehman Northwest Girl Scouts Troop 32906 and also Troop 32624 in Hunlock Creek. Click on each of the respective links to see a copy of the flier.
- *Postponed due to the weather forecast…new date and time to be announced!* Are you in grades Kindergarten through 12 and interested in learning about Girl Scouts? Come to their skate night on Wednesday, March 15th from 6-8pm at Rollaway Skating Rink in Dallas. Leaders and girls will be on hand to speak with you about all that Girl Scouts have to offer. $5 to skate, rental included. Membership information available. RSVP on Facebook.
- The next Cadet Band meeting is Tuesday, April 11th at 7:00 pm in the H.S. cafeteria.
- EASTER BREAK UPDATE: There is an early dismissal on Thursday, 4/13, no school on Friday, 4/14, school WILL be on session on 4/17 due to the snow days.
- On May 11th we will be having a Sky Dome Planetarium assembly – mobile planetarium set up in the gym that all grades will be able to visit.
- Scholastic BOGO Bookfair will be held on 5/15 – 5/18. More details will be coming home with your student shortly.
- There will be an early dismissal on Friday, 5/19.
- The Living Museum and Art Show will be held on 5/22 – more details to follow.
- Field Day will be on Tuesday, 5/23 with the rain date to be on Wednesday, 5/24. Look for more details and volunteer opportunities shortly.
- There will be an early dismissal on Friday, 5/26 and no school on 5/29 for the Memorial Day holiday.
- The talent show will be on Friday, 6/2. Details to follow shortly.
- As of the updated school calendar released on 3/20: The last day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, 6/9.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc. All upcoming field trips dates/locations have been posted to our Field Trip page.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to email@example.com – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures!
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their web page which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
Page Last Updated: 04/09/17